10-Minute Trainer by Tony Horton, nicknamed “The Workout for the Busiest People” is for people looking to get fast results with very little extra time to workout.
The training principle used in this program is called the “Super Stacking Technique”, which unlike traditional workouts, focuses on specific areas of the body. Ten-minute trainer uses synergistic exercise movements to sculpt, tone, burn fat, and offer an ab workout all at the same time – in only ten short minutes. That’s only a little bit longer than a regular advertisement break during your favorite TV program.
The Basics of the 10-Minute Trainer Program
Ten-Minute Trainer consists of four 10 minute DVD workouts – Total Body, Lower Body, Cardio Workout, and Yoga Flex. These four workouts are mixed and matched with the workout schedule that is included with the program. The schedule allows you to choose one DVD workout routine to perform on that day, or if you have the extra time or want to see faster results, you can do up to three 10-minute workouts a day.
The intensity of Ten-Minute Trainer can be increased or decreased by using the resistance bands you get with the program or by using your own weights. Many people begin the program doing only one 10-minute workout and then build up to three workout programs per day over the course of a couple of months, all while increasing the intensity of the workout week after week.
Who is the 10-Minute Trainer Workout Program for?
The 10-Minute Trainer Program is for people that want to get in shape but do not have the time to exercise for a hour or two each day. Let’s face it, we are not all allowed the luxury of celebrities who, when not filming or on tour, have the majority of the day to train while someone makes their dinners for them.
Most of us have full-time jobs that sometimes require us to work in excess of the typical 40 hour work week. Whether you’re a stay at home parent or a lawyer working 80 hours per week, there is no excuse for not being able to fit 10-Minute Trainer into your day.
I have read many reviews stating that 10-Minute Trainer is for beginner’s or people that are more than thirty pounds overweight. While I do agree this program is great for beginners, it can also be used by more advanced individuals that are short on time.
10-Minute Training Package Contents:
- Total Body DVD, Lower Body DVD, Yoga Flex DVD, and Cardio DVD – these are the heart and soul of the program, and while they are only ten minutes long, they pack a pretty hard punch.
- Custom Workout Calendar – the workout schedule of 10-Minute Trainer is very flexible and can be adapted to anyone’s schedule no matter how hectic.
- Resistance Band & Belt – you can use the resistance band & belt to add more intensity to the workouts, or you can also use your own set of dumbbells like I did.
- Tony’s 10-Minute Meals – simple and easy recipes that can be made in 10 minutes or less.
- On-the-Go workout cards – if you have no way to play the workout DVD’s the on- the-go workout cards will allow you to get in a 10 minute workout regardless.
- Ten day lean jean program – looking to drop a jeans size fast? This included plan has what you need to eat and the exercise program to make it happen. In my opinion, the lean jean program s worth the cost of the program in itself.
My Final Thoughts on the 10-Minute Trainer Program
If you only have 10 minutes a day to workout, then you will not find anything better than this program. If you have more time, then I would suggest a total body conditioning program like P90X. For me, 10-Minute Trainer makes a great addition to my home fitness library. I have used the program for a few weeks after a long lay off from working out and have used the DVDs a couple of times when I wanted to get fast workout in when I’ve been short on time.
Life can be crazy busy, but with 10-Minute Trainer, you will never have to miss a workout. So, don’t waste your life on the couch watching those lousy commercials, get off your butt and get in shape with Tony Horton’s 10-Minute Trainer instead.