Wild salmon is a low in saturated fat, low calorie and high protein food that is easy to cook and most importantly, absolutely delicious. Salmon is also an excellent source of B-vitamins, selenium, phosphorus and magnesium, as well as a excellent source of omega-3 essential fatty acids.
Below is a simple healthy grilled salmon recipe that is quick and easy to make.
Healthy Grilled Wild Salmon Recipe
Recipe type: Main
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 14 mins
Total time: 29 mins
Wild salmon wrapped in foil and heated on the grill is a simple heart-healthy recipe.
- 1 Wild Salmon Fillet
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Lemon
- 1 Onion
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- Heat grill – medium heat
- Slice lemon and onion, mince garlic
- Cut section of tin foil large enough to wrap the salmon fillet
- Put half the olive oil, garlic, onion, and lemon slices on foil
- Lay salmon fillet on top of them
- Meanwhile, put the other half of olive oil, garlic, onion, and lemon slices on salmon
- Wrap salmon in tin foil
- Cook on grill for 14 minutes, turning once halfway through
Double up on tin foil to prevent burning the salmon Remove lemon slices before serving